Hi

Does anyone has the experience in exporting the project and import the .cof file into MPLAB for the debugging purposes?

Recently I have bought a ICD3 debugger and I would like to use MPLAB to do all the debugging job but I do not know how to transfer the code from the SourceBoost IDE. Can anyone teach me how to do it?

If you have a video tutorial please kindly post it here.

Many thanks thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by yong

Yong,

Does anyone has the experience in exporting the project and import the .cof file into MPLAB for the debugging purposes?

Recently I have bought a ICD3 debugger and I would like to use MPLAB to do all the debugging job but I do not know how to transfer the code from the SourceBoost IDE. Can anyone teach me how to do it?

You need to:

1) Install the SourceBoost package, selecting integrate into MPLAB during the installation.

2) Create a project in MPLAB.

3) Select BoostC compiler as the toolsuite.

4) Set the paths for the .exe files for the compiler and linker in MPLAB.

5) Add the source files and libraries to the project.

6) Add #include <icd3.h> to one of the source files.

7) Set ICD3 as the debugging tool.

8) Compile the project.

9) Down load the project to ICD3 and debug.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you so much of coming back to me.

After reading your reply, I went back to BoostC manual and it did mentions about the MPLAB integration.

Is this integration will replace the SourceBoost IDE? In the other word, user only use MPLAB as the main IDE if they required MPSIM or ICD3?

It is important to know that because I don't want to start migrating thing from one place to another all the time especially the programme started to become bigger and bigger.

I hope you can give me more details on my problem.

By the way, thank you very much Dave again!

Yong,

Is this integration will replace the SourceBoost IDE? In the other word, user only use MPLAB as the main IDE if they required MPSIM or ICD3?

The MPLAB integration does not replace the SourceBoost IDE, but allow use of the BoostC compiler in MPLAB.

If you want to be able to use MPSIM and ICD3 then you have to do that from within MPLAB.

Regards

Dave

The MPLAB integration does not replace the SourceBoost IDE, but allow use of the BoostC compiler in MPLAB.

If you want to be able to use MPSIM and ICD3 then you have to do that from within MPLAB.

Regards

Dave

Ok, can you tell me what is the limitation when using MPLAB with BoostC compiler and also the SourceBoost IDE?

It is crucial to know this in very details. Hope you can help me out on this issue!

Thank you!!!

If anyone came across this issue please kindly give me some comments! You are welcome to put whatever comment you like related to this issue.