Why is that c2c does not work with linux?

I've just downloaded c2c-plus 4.1.6e for Linux but I can't get it to run at all. Each time I try to compile a file with it, it answer with this text:

C2C-plus 4.1.6e C-compiler.  Copyright© 1998-99,2000,2002 by Pavel Baranov.

http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html

support@picant.com

Shareware copy

Unregistered copy.

Can not open registration file '/home/franck/.c2c'. Please register.

test.c

line    1: You don't have a license. Assembly suspended.

Finished.

What should I do to make it work... I've tried creating an empty .c2c file in my home directory but it does'nt work this way either...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very confused.

shareware means "software with a free evaluation period."

Yet the linux version claims to be "shareware without an evaluation period" - and only if you look into the message forums.

Isn't that just the same as commercial software? If you want to try it, you have to pay money. That's not shareware, that's commercial. There's nothing wrong with commercial software - but claiming something is shareware when it isn't is incorrect.

I hope that the documentation is corrected to say that c2c is shareware for windows and commercial for linux. The current documentation is false.

• 2 years later...
Thanks for pointing on the documentation error. I added relevant note to the download compiler page. Let me know if there are other places that need similar corrections.

Regards,

Pavel

I have a linux version and I have registered but the destructions that came back were for windoze only.

Is there some black magic that I do with the key to put it in the .c2c file?

copying it does not work.

jonmalone,

I believe you need to to request the linux key - the default key generated is the Windoze one.

There are not so many linux users, so that makes it not such a common event.

Send a mail to support@picant.com

Regards

Dave

There were very few linux orders for c2c compiler and to support BoostC under linux we'll probably need to spend more time than we we can afford. We don't plan to do it soon (unless we get a big order).

Regards,

Pavel

• 2 months later...
There were very few linux orders for c2c compiler and to support BoostC under linux we'll probably need to spend more time than we we can afford. We don't plan to do it soon (unless we get a big order).
It could very well be that since it's not available for Linux, you're just not seeing much posting for it -- folks just pass by and look for something else.

Realizing the entire IDE part might be moderately hard to port, how about just porting the most recent compiler? The existing linux c2c compiler doesn't seem to support some newer chips and doesn't come with any documentation (are there docs for it somewhere?).

I, for one, would be perfectly happy with an updated command line compiler for linux