Different results when compiling with BoostC vs Chameleon

When I compile the attached program with BoostC and Chameleon, the configuration bits are not the same. I made the program very simple and covered all possible configuration bits.

With BoostC I get : 0E3C 0E1F 0300 0081 C00F E00F 400F

Chameleon:             0E1D 0007 0300 0081 C00F E00F 400F

I also noticed that the timing for both programs are not correct.

I am running the latest version (8.01).

I have been using BoostC for years and this is the first time I experience something like this.

Any help/comment would be appreciated.

Thanx

main.c

• 7 months later...

Yes, for whatever reason Chameleon removes the high byte of the configuration word. (e.g. If the config word should be 0x3F30 the resulting Chameleon hex file will show it as 0x0030.)  I did not discover this until I started flashing my MCUs and found that none of the configuration fuses were correct.

And a second point:  On the average Chameleon will produce a hex file about 1.5 times larger than one produced by BoostC.  Again, I don't know why it does this. (It's supposed to be an optimizing compiler.) This is only my experience from using it.  Needless to say I use BoostC as my toolsuite.  It's probably not being updated or improved but it is free (well, donation-ware anyway) and is adequate for my (amateur) electronic projects.